Susan Micari, M.S., Ed., BCET, does work privately with students, and advocates for open communication between all professionals involved in a student’s education., and advocates for open communication between all professionals involved in a student’s education. She works with psychologists and psychiatrists, and talks frequently with parents, teachers, school administrators, physicians and case workers – anyone involved in the child’s learning or diagnostic process.
Her students range in age from 12 – 60. She sometimes works with children as young as seven for complete remediation of reading or math skills, or when a crisis in school or home has become unmanageable.
Ed Therapy 360
- Provides personalized learning and self-advocacy skills to help students understand how they learn and how to advocate for their needs
- Works within school systems, with teachers, case workers and learning specialists, to ensure everyone fully understands any issues the student is experiencing
- Assists parents in the interpretation of assessments, reports and recommendations from various specialists, which can often be overwhelming
- Recommends that students seek further evaluation, and makes referrals to medically licensed professionals like psychiatrists, psychologists and neuroscience specialists. Following such evaluations, we develop interventions to help work through a student’s challenges
- Advocates for communication across the spectrum of care and work directly with schools and medical professionals to ensure communication takes place
Find out how we can help you, or your child, be more successful in school, work and life.